For kids who just started learning to read.
Kobi GO! brings fast & fun blending exercises to practice the foundational skill of reading.
Blazing fast blending is required for efficient decoding - the ability to recognize letter shapes, match them to letter sounds, and understand those sounds as words. Your kid has a difficult job!
Research confirms that accurate decoding is the foundation for later fluent reading. When children do not master this skill well, they resort to ineffective strategies, such as guessing words from context or guessing based on the first letter. By reading meaningless letter combinations without context, we are effectively working on this skill.
The systematic and gradual introduction of new letter sounds and new sub-skills ensures that the child is constantly upgrading the skills they have acquired.
Kobi GO! provides lots of repetition in a fun way to speed up the process by which letter sets are gradually anchored as a unit in long-term memory. This process is called orthographic mapping and ensures that good readers immediately recognize the word as a whole. Learn more about this.
Kobi GO! is a Science of Reading (SOR) aligned teaching tool.
The web-app consists of 3 sections that are accessed from the bottom menu:
No. You can use the app without the need for an account. You can optionally create an account to store your preferences and access additional features.
Open https://go.kobiapp.io on your phone or tablet and your browser will prompt you to add the app to your home screen. Your app will automatically update with new features and information.
In case you dismissed the prompt:
* Launch “Chrome” app.
* Open https://go.kobiapp.io.
* Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to Home Screen.
* You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
* Launch the “”Safari” app.
* Open https://go.kobiapp.io
* Tap the icon featuring a right-pointing arrow coming out of a box along the top of the Safari window to open a drop-down menu.
* Tap Add to Home Screen. The “Add to Home” dialog box will appear, with the icon that will be used for this website on the left side of the dialog box.
* Enter the name for the shortcut using the on-screen keyboard and tap Add. Safari will close automatically and you will be taken to where the icon is located on your tablet or phone’s screen.”
We appreciate all contributions! Use the feedback link or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes. Kobi GO! is a web app, which means it is web-based. Kobi GO! is optimized for phones and tablets. You can use it directly from your preferred browser too. Head over to https://go.kobiapp.io to start using the app.
Kobi GO! is a web app, so you can add it to your phone home screen without the need to install the app through a store. However, we might make dedicated versions for IOS and Android too that will come with additional features.
Kobi GO! works on Chromebooks too. Kobi GO! is a web app, which means it is web-based. Simply head over to https://go.kobiapp.io and start using the app.
Shoot us an email at email@example.com what you have in mind.